Glass noodles made of sweet potato starch, which means more chewy!
What is Japchae?
Japchae (a.k.a chapchae) is a very popular Korean dish. Japchae literally translates as "mixed vegetables".
When it was first invented in the 17th century, japchae was a noodle-less dish. But nowadays, the main highlight of the dish is glass noodles, which is made from sweet potatoes, along with colorful vegetables and well seasoned meat.
How to cook Japchae
Ingredients (Good for 12 servings):
- 300g - Glass Noodle / Vermicelli
- 100g - beef strips (rib finger would be good).
- 1 carrot -rinsed, peeled & julienned
- 110g baby spinach - rinsed
- Bell pepper 50g - rinsed & julienned
- 1/2 onion - peeled, rinsed & thinly sliced
- 40~100g shiitake mushroom
- 40~100g wood ear mushroom
For step by step guidelines, please refer to https://mykoreankitchen.com/korean-glass-noodle-stir-fry-japchae/